Monday, January 28, 2013

The brothers who bled in my arms

Version 3.

You rested your head in my shoulder,
oh brother who bled in my arms,
You looked at the sky and the treetops,
you knew life would be gone.

I learned when I looked at my brother,
I learned what it is to find,
all that is there and that matters,
when all that is left behind.

Your memories haunt me forever,
I know not how I can find peace,
when all that has mattered is martyred
and all that was gained was a fleet.


In that moment my brother,
i learned what it was to lose,
you as you breathed your last
breath into heaven withdrew.

Of what is this cross and this banner
of who is this beer and this cask
I thought we would drink together
Of what is this lonely mask

you said you would visit Luisiana,
you said you would bring your wife
I said Ill keep the lawn ready,
and we would barbecue the night

You said you would go back and marry her
I said I would be by your side
You said you would make her happy
of what did you leave me to write?

I think of this loss and this losing
I think of this terrible price
of what did we make this victory
for what did we sacrifice?

Years later I visit your tombstone,
your memory, your shadow, your light,
In silence I shed tears and sorrows,
In silence, away, out of sight.

We mourn not the passing of soldiers,
We cry not their death and demise,
we speak of nothing but glory,
we see not their brothers plight

But fear not oh soldier of future,
in me you have found your might,
peace words peace words of wisdom
will start to cast its light.

No more will bother lose brother,
no longer this horrible fight,
no longer will we be silent,
when they send you in the dark of the night.

Oh brothers I lost in Battle,
Oh sisters that fell in the fight,
Your brother crys and remembers,
Your blood on my hands and my kite

We will not let go this battle,
Not let them win with their trite,
In this new age of surrender,
might will surrender to right.

Saurabh

This is a poem about soldiers. Soldiers, regardless of the color of their uniforms lose their brothers in battle. Some of them carry their best friends home. Some inform their families, some have their friends in their arms as their friends breath their last breath, this is an image that i explore in words

No comments:

Post a Comment