Continuing on my theme of lord Hanuman being an aspect of ourselves, I wrote this little poem,
Today I need your courage,
To see the you in me,
I need your strength and valor,
My lord - understand me.
As thee gazed upon Lanka,
with tumult in thine heart,
I gaze upon my task,
and tumult I unmask.
In this mirror of karma,
I see all that I lack,
I see forgotten powers,
Oh Pawan, bring them back.
This is indeed my purpose,
The journey I had dreamed,
Drunk with pride and idealism,
This is what I screamed.
My arrogance is gone, my lord,
And my virtue is strong,
I want to live a life of honor-truth,
and sing my humble song.
This is but another shore,
among the shores to come,
and as my doubt I relinquish,
Hanuman I become.
Hanuman brave, hanuman strong,
Hanuman the invincible one,
With every step and every breath,
Hanuman I become.
To thee O lofty Hanuman,
I give a wakeup call
to thine divine power,
I pray with all my all.
I give a wakeup call
to thine divine power,
I pray with all my all.
Today I need your courage,
To see the you in me,
I need your strength and valor,
My lord - understand me.
As thee gazed upon Lanka,
with tumult in thine heart,
I gaze upon my task,
and tumult I unmask.
In this mirror of karma,
I see all that I lack,
I see forgotten powers,
Oh Pawan, bring them back.
This is indeed my purpose,
The journey I had dreamed,
Drunk with pride and idealism,
This is what I screamed.
My arrogance is gone, my lord,
And my virtue is strong,
I want to live a life of honor-truth,
and sing my humble song.
This is but another shore,
among the shores to come,
and as my doubt I relinquish,
Hanuman I become.
Hanuman brave, hanuman strong,
Hanuman the invincible one,
With every step and every breath,
Hanuman I become.
No comments:
Post a Comment